Sunday, November 14, 2010

Spiced Broiled Grapefruit

Ingredients
1/2 grapfruit per person
1 Tbsp maple syrup for each grapefruit half
1/2 tsp vanilla extract for each grapefruit half
pinch each ground cardamom, nutmeg, and cinnamon per grapefruit half

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to broil.  Have a medium-sized casserole dish ready to set the grapeffruit into.
2. Cut grapefruit in half.
3. Set each half in the baking dish and drizzle with maple syrup and vanilla.  Season with spices and place under the broiler for about 5 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Was this good? I'd do it if I had an oven.

    You know, I love grapefruits, but I have to make sure I don't have anything else on the table or else the juice will splash everywhere making a sticky mess.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails