Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tasty Hayashi Rice

tomorrow's lunch: leftover hayashi sauce over udon noodles
serves 8
Ingredients
1 1/2 lb onions
1 lb meat
2 tablespoon cooking oil
3 cups water
1 box Tasty Hayashi Rice Sauce Mix

Directions
1. Cut meat and onions into thin slices.
2. Heat oil in a pot, cook meat and onions over high/medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
3. Add water and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat, cover and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, break the sauce mix and put into mixture.  Stir until completely melted.  Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Serve over rice or udon noodles.  (I added carrots and beech/shimeji mushrooms to the sauce.)

my very first etsy purchase arrived today :-)

5 comments:

  1. oooh, tasty (not the etsy, the meat!) :D

    I've never had hayashi rice before - only curry rice. I need to try it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always so feminine with details. I could never bother to cut my carrot like that. I should get me those molds...

    Are those necklaces? So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, those are necklaces. I think either my neck is too big or the chain for the leaf necklace is too short cuz it looks like a choker, not a necklace. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Id like to try that myself too! Those necklaces look cute! A lovely 1st purchase from Etsy. Do you think you can change the chain from the seller?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails